Archive for category News (L)
Now I know Valve has denied having a Linux version of their game platform (Steam) in the works, but a lot of bloggers are skeptical, and with good reason. On Steam’s website there’s a job offer. They’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer, and amongst the responsibilities listed, I spotted:
Manage the operation of large clusters of machines running both Windows and Linux in a highly available system.
Port Windows-based games to the Linux platform.
You can’t argue with that folks. If you don’t believe me, check it out for yourself.
According to NewScientist.com, robots are finally getting their own operating system. This means that roboticists can finally focus on programming new functions instead of having to start from scratch every time they want to build a new robot/platform. ROS (or Robot Operating System) is an open-source set of code snippets and platforms for roboticists to use to their liking.
This is great news! Now roboticists can create more advanced systems, and when the uprising begins, Sony can just come out with another RootKit to wipe them all out!
You are currently browsing the archives for the News (L) category.
January 2018 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 26,646 visits
- Watching live TV can be hard, Amazon wants to make it easier - CNET 2018/01/16Your Fire TV guide is getting some new live programming features. Now you can ask Alexa to take you straight to live TV, but there's a catch.Anne Dujmovic
- Veloster N brings Hyundai's performance brand to the US - Roadshow 2018/01/15This is but the first step in a future performance assault on the US market, and we welcome our new Korean overlords with open arms.Andrew Krok
- Star Wars cantina song really clicks on a Rubik's cube - CNET 2018/01/16A Rubik's cube master tackles the Star Wars Mos Eisley cantina theme while solving the colorful puzzle.Amanda Kooser
- This dashing dinosaur rocked a rainbow around its neck - CNET 2018/01/16Cool or creepy? Scientists describe the unusual appearance of a chicken-sized Jurassic dinosaur.Amanda Kooser
- We survived another CES: The best and weirdest things we saw (The 3:59, Ep. 339) - CNET 2018/01/16Another year, another CES down. We talk about our highlights and lowlights from the massive tech fest in Las Vegas.Alfred Ng
- BMW, Mercedes to test vehicle subscription services in the US - Roadshow 2018/01/16If the Germans have their way, we might be waving goodbye to buying or leasing.Kyle Hyatt
- The 2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo is Guy Fieri in a Tom Ford suit - Roadshow 2018/01/15Hyundai's hottest hatch gets a major makeover for 2019.Kyle Hyatt
- The 2019 Hyundai Veloster proves that sensible doesn't mean boring - Roadshow 2018/01/15The base Veloster might not set the world on fire, but its a vast improvement over the outgoing car.Kyle Hyatt
- The 2019 Hyundai Veloster R-Spec exists because subtlety is for nerds - Roadshow 2018/01/15The 2019 Veloster R-Spec gets a bunch of racy-looking visual changes over the Turbo because sometimes you just have to peacock.Kyle Hyatt
- Google Doodle honors spirited, trailblazing actress Katy Jurado - CNET 2018/01/16Katy Jurado is recalled on what would have been her 94th birthday for her role in creating more opportunities for Latina actresses in Hollywood.Dan Dziedzic
- Body-heat-powered Matrix PowerWatch X now gets notifications - CNET 2018/01/16Can thermal gradients start powering more advanced wearable things? We go hands-on at CES.Scott Stein
- Get a Nonda Aiko rechargeable tracker for $16.99 - CNET 2018/01/16That's less than the cost of a Tile, and you don't have to replace it every year. Plus: a free $20 game and free two-year ShopRunner subscription!Rick Broida
- 2019 Toyota Avalon bails on bland, doubles-down on daring design - Roadshow 2018/01/15Toyota's flagship sedan makes waves in the Motor City with high-level tech and a bold new design both inside and out.Kyle Hyatt
- 2019 Mercedes-AMG CLS53 sports new body, new engine - Roadshow 2018/01/15Why stop at a new car when you have one with a brand new engine in it, too?Andrew Krok
- 2019 Mercedes-AMG E53 lineup offers hybrid zip, sharp looks - Roadshow 2018/01/15Mercedes-AMG's new I6 sounds extra promising in one of its best models.Andrew Krok
- Where the 2019 Mercedes G-Class is going, it doesn't need roads - Roadshow 2018/01/15It's bigger, more capable and more luxurious than before. That'll do.Andrew Krok
- The Nissan Xmotion concept is a funky, blocky concept SUV - Roadshow 2018/01/15It previews the next generation of Nissan crossovers, which is a very good thing.Andrew Krok
- Lexus LF-1 Limitless concept gets real weird with it - Roadshow 2018/01/15If this is where Lexus' new flagship is headed, sign me up for that trip.Andrew Krok
- Google expands network with new data centers, subsea cables - CNET 2018/01/16Google will build five new regional data centers in 2018 and three subsea cables in 2019 to further grow its worldwide network.Dan Dziedzic
- Acura's Type S badge returns, brings turbo V6 to Detroit - Roadshow 2018/01/16Get your Gucci loafers ready. It's almost time to start enjoying Acuras again, as it redoubles its effort to make fun performance cars.Kyle Hyatt
- Watching live TV can be hard, Amazon wants to make it easier - CNET 2018/01/16