Archive for category News (W)
I know I am, once again, a little late, but i just have to follow up on one of the biggest Rainmeter/Enigma updates in history. In case you didn’t know, Rainmeter is the single greatest piece of software in the universe. It is a fully customizable resource meter that can also monitor RSS feeds, weather and much more! It is fully customizable and skin-able. This new update includes several new features, like RainBrowser and Rainthemes. Updates to Enigma include a Google Calendar skin and a Foobar2000/WinAmp skin.
Just thought I’d let you guys know that it updated. Rainmeter.net.
Back to Windows news, where I belong.
So tomorrow marks the release date of Windows 7 and I have to say I can’t wait to see what Microsoft does to promote it. Who knows? I’m not going to jump to 7 right away. I want to wait until most programs are support Windows 7. By the time sp1 comes out, I’ll probably be ready. I also have to rack up the cash… I use a custom Vista theme that I’d like to keep, so I’ll just keep my fingers crossed and hope some one ports it.
I used the RC for a little while at the computer store, but no more than that. From what I’ve heard, it’s more than Vista should have been (although a lot of Vista’s criticism was unjustified). I found it smooth and very responsive, but I think the fact that it was installed on a $5 000 Alienware powerhouse may have contributed…
I really don’t see how Apple can rain on Microsoft’s parade here. Microsoft’s bullet-proof ad campaign got everyone psyched really early, and now everyone’s patience has been rewarded. Once I get it I will certainly review it.
Has anyone here actually installed it on their own machine? I want to hear some opinions!
You are currently browsing the archives for the News (W) category.
July 2017 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 26,590 visits
- Verizon keeps top spot as best performing network - CNET 2017/07/26Testing firm RootMetrics says the introduction of unlimited data plans hasn't hurt Verizon's overall network performance, in spite of what rival T-Mobile has said.Marguerite Reardon
- The Switch leads Nintendo into the green - CNET 2017/07/26Almost five million units of the console has been sold worldwide, the company said in its quarterly results finding on Wednesday.Zoey Chong
- Elon Musk's car elevator is the future of sewer drag racing - CNET 2017/07/26Where Elon Musk is going, we won't need (above ground) roads.Claire Reilly
- Niantic CEO blames Pokemon Go Fest mess on mobile carriers - CNET 2017/07/26Many people at the event were unable to access Pokemon Go throughout the day due to network congestion, says John Hanke.Carrie Mihalcik
- 'Red sprites' are nature's best recently discovered light show - CNET 2017/07/26Brief bursts of energy over storms were first photographed from space less than 30 years ago. Now fans on the ground are starting to chase the phenomenon.Eric Mack
- What it takes to turn Rocket League into a retro PlayStation game - CNET 2017/07/26What if Rocket League and other modern games were made using 1998 technology? This YouTuber has the answer.Jason Parker
- Not fake news: Snopes is in danger of shutting down - CNET 2017/07/25Amid a legal battle between its owners, the venerable online fact checker raises $582,273 in an attempt to stay in business.Patrick Holland
- Reality-bending 'Legion' game has what every escape room needs - CNET 2017/07/25Futuristic entertainment plunges you into the action of upcoming TV shows and movies. We tried lots of these mixed-reality experiences at Comic-Con.Mike Sorrentino
- Trump says Apple's Cook has promised 'big, big, big' US plants - CNET 2017/07/25In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, the president says Apple will bring jobs to the US.Andrew Morse
- Good news, data junkies: USB speeds doubling again - CNET 2017/07/25USB 3.2-equipped laptops and external drives could reach speeds of 20 gigabits per second. You'll likely have to wait until 2019, though.Stephen Shankland
- Lyft partners with Taco Bell for the perfect munchie pit stop - CNET 2017/07/25Tell your friends -- you know the ones.Chris Cox
- Apple Music says it's for country music loving patriots too - CNET 2017/07/25Commentary: A new Apple Music ad crosses over to the country side of life and features singer Brantley Gilbert.Chris Matyszczyk
- Monster iceberg breaks up in NASA satellite's infrared image - CNET 2017/07/25NASA's Landsat 8 shows a massive Antarctic iceberg that calved this month is already splitting into pieces.Amanda Kooser
- PUBG sells 6 million copies -- and seems to be accelerating - CNET 2017/07/25PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds -- imagine "The Hunger Games" with guns -- is burning up the charts.Sean Hollister
- ThinkGeek had a secret stash of NES Classics (past tense) - CNET 2017/07/25You'll have to pay extra for a bundle -- but it might be better than eBay.Sean Hollister
- Google CEO: 11 phones will start Daydreaming before 2018 - CNET 2017/07/25Just shy of a dozen Android models from Samsung, LG, Motorola and Asus will work with Google's VR software, Sundar Pichai promises.Gordon Gottsegen
- Nielsen to track YouTube TV and Hulu watching now too - CNET 2017/07/25TV and movie producers are now able to learn more about how we watch television over the internet.Ian Sherr
- VW exec expected to plead guilty for Dieselgate, could get 169 years - Roadshow 2017/07/25It's unlikely the sentence will be that long, but that's what happens when you're staring down 11 felony counts.Andrew Krok
- Moto Z2 Force specs vs. the Galaxy S8, LG G6 and HTC U11 - CNET 2017/07/25Motorola's high-end phone has two cameras, a shatter-resistant screen and snap-on parts. Here's how it compares to the other big guns.Jessica Dolcourt
- Cat as game controller? It's kind of purrfect - CNET 2017/07/25Watch a happy cat help a player master a musical rhythm game -- and get a massage at the same time.Bonnie Burton
- Verizon keeps top spot as best performing network - CNET 2017/07/26